My first month of small goals is behind me! Let’s see how I did in June:
Celebrate our second anniversary.Done! Michael and I stayed in Madison for a short weekend. We visited the farmers market, the zoo and hit up the Old Fashioned on the square. Pretty much all my favorite things. Get the house in order.I got everything I wanted done (with the exception of slaying the ever-present laundry pile). While the finer points of organization might have eluded me, I think the house looks much better. I’ll call it a win. Add a few non-wedding items to my Etsy shop.Done! I posted four new designs in my shop this month: a Golden Girls hoop, a 30 Rock hoop and two GBBO hoops. I’m working on a few more and working on replenishing the design I sold out of (yay!). I’ll have a post soon showing you some of these designs plus a few wedding hoops I knocked out! Visit La Crosse and Eau Claire.Check! Though it was a short trip, I got to see my friends’ new home in La Crosse and caught up with with one of my oldest pals at her baby shower. Polka at Polish Fest.Done. My dad and I got out on the dance floor for a minute and had a good time (even if we aren’t very good).
5/5. 100% for my first month isn’t too shabby! Let’s keep this momentum going in July!
Since June was pretty busy, I want to focus on slowing down and enjoying some time at home. June was a great month, but between all our busy weekends and trying to put our house back together post-basement repair, I felt like I didn’t get to really bask in the nice, long summer days. To make up for it, I’m trying fill this month with some nice home-based goals that help me unwind a bit.
- Take some time up north. Michael’s family has a little place outside the Wisconsin Dells, and I really don’t visit often enough. It’s a great place to relax and super convenient for our Madison-based friends to swing by for the day.
- Deepen my tarot practice. Is 2017 the year of tarot? Seems like everywhere I look, someone is getting into reading, including myself. After a few classes and my art show, I got really interested in it. So this month I want to dedicated more of the symbolism to memory, which means I have to actually read the books I got and start practicing!
- Sew a dress from Gertie’s Ultimate Dress Book. I cut out a basic day dress from this book all the way back in February because I was excited about summer sewing. Apparently not too excited because the pieces are folded up in a box right now. So it’s time to stitch this baby up and get a few wears out of it!
- Get back on the horse with my Great American Baking Challenge. I’ve been keeping up with this challenge, but the last two months I picked pretty easy recipes (key lime and banana cream pies) that didn’t really challenge me too much. I’m thinking about trying my hand at some bread recipes. We’ll see.
- Visit the Hoyt Park beer garden. We live pretty darn close to a nice beer garden. While we do make our fair share of trips there throughout the summer, Michael and I typically only go when we’ve got friends visiting from places that don’t have beer gardens (which, it turns out, is most places outside of Milwaukee and Germany). So I’m hoping to convince Michael to take a walk down there one evening and just relax. It’s really a nice place to spend an evening.
Let’s see if I can do 5/5 two months in a row! What are your July goals?