This post really crept on me! I had been enjoying a little Christmas break free from responsibilities and blogging (it was heaven!). But before we get into 2018, let’s see how I did the last month of 2017.
Make it through my first craft fair.Done! I have a recap of this planned for any interested parties.
- Make time for Christmas crafts I love. Not so much. After doing the whole craft fair thing, I was mostly just in the mood to chill out. And I’m OK with that!
Get baking.Done. While I didn’t bake as much as I planned, I still knocked out a few cookies, a pie and a few apps. Watch 3+ Christmas movies.Done. Home Alone, White Christmas, Christmas in Connecticut and How the Grinch Stole Christmas all helped me feel that holiday spirit. Get rid of a bag of clothes/books/miscellany every week.Check! Instead of purging a bag per week, I did one large drop-off at my local Goodwill, which definitely equated to about four bags worth. Plus, I passed my large light table onto a friend.
4/5. December was super stressful, so I’m happy with four goals down.
Now onto 2018. I’m not a huge New Year’s resolution person. And honestly, after pushing so hard to get through the holidays, I feel like I need a little break (even though I have a few projects planned). Here’s what I’m thinking for January.
- Help with a super fun baby shower. A family friend is having a little girl this year! I’m helping her mom with some of the decorations for this tropical-themed shower and I’m excited to work on these party projects!
- Work on some non-embroidery crafts. During my holiday break, I pretty much just binged a bunch of British TV on Netflix. But I found myself wanting to be a little productive too. On my last day of vacation I picked up an old cross stitch and had a lot of fun. So more of that!
- Get odds and ends listed on Etsy. I made a lot of inventory for the Crafty Fair, and a lot of that inventory included new designs. It’s time to get those on Etsy!
- Make a few soups. It’s been super cold in Milwaukee lately (like 0ºF cold!). While I’m not typically a soup gal, I’ve had a craving for some good warming dishes.
- Get back into good routines. When it comes to routines, I give myself a pass during the holidays – it’s just too hectic. But now with an open schedule, it’s time for regular grocery shopping, weekly dinners with my mom and more classes at the gym.
Well, that’s it for me! What are you planning for 2018?