Let me say this: January was hard! I mostly felt like wearing my warmest socks, grabbing a good book and curling up in bed. It’s just that cold outside and I’m that far into Wisconsin’s favorite mood: seasonal affective disorder. Seasonal depression aside, let’s count up January’s goals.
Help with a super fun baby shower.Done! A tropical themed shower was a real bright spot in the middle of gloomy January. Work on some non-embroidery crafts.Done. I made a mess of paper flowers for that shower!
- Get odds and ends listed on Etsy. Nope. And I have no good reason!
Make a few soups.Like I said in my original goals post, I’m not a huge soup person. So after my first batch of chicken wild rice soup, I was souped out (although this recipe was really really good). I’ll give myself a half point here. Get back into good routines.I’m going to give myself half a point on this one, because I only stuck with it for a few weeks. Having the flu throws a wrench in most plans, but especially those that require food and being in public (the gym).
3/5. I’m not too miffed by this. I’m starting to think about January as more of an incubation period than a fresh start. Since it’s so cold, there’s nothing better to do than think about the future and make a few plans.
Which is what I aim to do in February. I had all of January to sit and think, so now it’s time to start planning things and even taking a little action. So here are my goals for this month:
- Plan some sort of getaway. Michael and I had originally planned on visiting some friends out west this spring, but unfortunately the stars (and schedules) didn’t align. Making our way out to SLC is postponed, and I’m super disappointed. I’m thinking if I can plan a small, affordable trip (even just day trips) for the near future, that might help me feel a bit better about this indefinite delay.
- Declutter our bedroom and/or den. These two spaces in our home are the most clutter-prone by far. The den is where I prep all my embroidery projects, so 90% of the time the ironing board is out and fabric is spilling onto the floor. Our bedroom is also chronically cluttered with clothes. I’m hoping to get one of these spaces cleaned up so our home can feel a bit more zen.
- Sign up for another fix from Stitch Fix. My first box was amazing, the second was not. But I’ve got $25 in credit that I may as well use to get me through these winter doldrums.
- Make a mood board for a bathroom revamp. Our bathroom needs repairs and updating pretty badly. It’s still 1962 in there (but not in the fun way). Last year at this time I bought a ton of pretty bathroom stuff plus a new vanity to get going on the project. Unfortunately, it was a bigger undertaking that I initially thought so it got put on the back burner while we got our basement in order. I think after a year, this project needs to get some liftoff.
- Get into a cooking routine that works. I cook most evenings when Michael is home. This semester, though, he’s got evening classes four nights a week, meaning that regular routine is about to be obsolete. I need to start thinking of ways I can prep easy-to-reheat meals so we can eat on our different schedules.
Well, that’s it for me in February! I’ve got some serious goals, but I’ve got a few fun things peppered in my calendar to break it all up (brunches, book clubs and everything #basic). What do you have going this month?